Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gratitude

I am a very lucky person. I have always been one, but did not know it until maybe 2 minutes ago. I have been becoming more and more aware of it over the last several years, but only today did I fully realize how wonderful my life is.

I am thankful for my husband, Randy. He sacrifices most of his time to provide for his family. He loves me completely, every day, no matter what. Even when I didn't deserve it. I am thankful that I get to smell his bad breath in the morning, and that he always makes coffee and cleans the cat box when he is home.

I am thankful for my son Riley. He is dependable when I really need help, and he is funny too. He is strong and healthy. His new-found attitude of success is infectious, and I am inspired to do my best along side him.

Mason is another of my oldest 2 boys. He is a great student. He is learning to become a fantastic baker, and seems to have been born with the skill of taking cookies out of the oven at the exact right moment. He calls it a "timer" but I think it is more than that. He is the best cookie maker I know. He can always be counted on for a hug, and he will do sit ups with me all night long. He is a great motivator, and a future karate black belt!

My only daughter, Mirra is another black belt to be. She has the grace of a ballerina while she does her Katas, and her spirit is strong! She is an amazing artist and author as well. She and I can paint together for hours. She also is a great sister, always getting everyones water for school ready in the mornings when I am running behind. Our cat loves to sleep with this kid, as she is so kind and gentle, and always shows him lots of love.

Damien is the youngest, and his smile could light up the sky. He is funny, and kind, and a great friend to all of his family and school mates. Everywhere we go, he carries a book (Usually Dr. Suess). He loves to read and learn. Origami is one of his passions as well, and he can often be found in the living room, folding up a swan, or busting out the scissors for some crazy paper art!

My family is only a small part of this wonderful life I have been given, and have reasons to be thankful. I am thankful for:
Everyone
All the things I learned from all of my friends in life.
My shoes. My house. This chair and keyboard.
Everything, everything.
Thank you Universe!

No comments: